How to Replace Old Insect Screen
When we replace the window screen, we need use some tools for our fast and easy operation of insect screen.
- New insect screen. Main part of the operation. If you wonder which type insect screen you should choose, refer to our another technology, how to choose suitable insect screen.
- Spline. It is installed onto the frame to fasten the insect screen firmly onto the frame. Besides, it can ensure the good seal of window screen.
- Utility knife. Help to cut the window screen and spline and ensure the fast and high efficient operation.
- Spline roller. Help to install the spline onto frame and fasten the window screen. It has two sides for different function, we will introduce it for you in the following information.
- Screwdriver. It is used to uninstall the old spline and help to seal the spline onto frame.
RWS-01: Need tools during replacing.
- Step 1. Remove the old insect screen.
Place the window screen on a flat surface (for example table or ground), use the screwdriver to pry off the spline from window frame.
RWS-02: Remove the old spline and screen.
- Step 2. Clean the window frame.
Clean the window frame with cleaning cloth or towel to remove the dust leaved on the frame. If there are some dirties cannot be removed, just use the soap water to clean them.
RWS-03: Clean the frame with towel.
- Step 3. Cut the new mesh into suitable size.
Align the new mesh on the top of the frame, keeping the frame straight. Cut the new screen mesh into suitable sizes. You should leave enough space when you cut the mesh to prevent short of material during installing the splines.
RWS-04: Cut the window screen into suitable size.
- Step 4. Push the screen into channel.
The spline roller has two wheels at each end: a concave wheel that has an inward groove on the edge of the wheel, and a convex wheel that has a rounded edge. Use the convex wheel to push the screen into channel of window.
RWS-05: Push the screen into channel.
- Step 5. Push the spline into channel.
Bring the new spline and push the spline into the channel with the concave wheel of spline roller, fitting over the screen. Cut the spline when one side installation completed. Push the spline into channel in same way for the other three sides. You should make sure that the spline will not pop off.
RWS-06: Push splines into channel.
- Step 6. Push the spline into the corners.
Push the spline into corners of channel with a screwdriver. In this way, we can prevent splines from popping off during long time usage. Additional, it can seal the window screen more effectively.
RWS-07: Push splines into the corners.
- Step 7. Trim off the excess screen.
Trim off the excess screen once the screen and splines are replaced. You should leave some space when you cut the excess screen for durable life.
RWS-08: Trim off the excess screen.
Complete replacement and effect
A new window screen is installed. With the new insect screen, you can block the insects from entering your house, you can get beautiful scenery outside and enjoy the fresh air and comfortable sunlight entering your house.
RWS-09: Clean window screen are installed.
RWS-10: New window screen will not block your view of scenery.
RWS-11: New window screen ensures good air and sunlight circulation.
Inquiry for Our Product
Angus Wire Mesh Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.